Segonzac wastewater treatment plant for domestic sewage - Capacity 1600 people equivalent. In the shape of snail, emblem of the village. Design : Epur Nature. 2014
Segonzac 1600 p.e.
- In operation since: 2014
- Type of wastewater treated: Domestic
- Hydraulic load: 203 m³/day
- Organic load (PE): 1600 PE
- Organic design load (kg BOD/day): 96
- Location: Segonzac, Charente
- Client: Municipality
- Stage 1 type: French system
- Stage 1 surface area (m²): 1926
- Stage 2 type: Vertical flow, unsaturated
- Stage 2 surface area (m²): 1284
- Stage 3 type: Other
- Stage 3 surface area (m²): 3150
Constructed wetlands were required to treat municipal wastewater for 1600 p.e., with high performances of treatment, reliability, sustainability and landscape integration.
The solution is a 2-stage vertical flow reed bed filters (French system) with an infiltration area, designed with the shape of snail, which is the emblem of the village. Design : Epur Nature.
Efficient, reliable, sustainable and nicely shaped, this wastewater treatment plant guarantees an outlet quality concentration of COD 90 mg/l, BOD5 25 mg/l, SS 30 mg/l, TKN 20 mg/l.