Vertical flow reed bed filter (French system) followed by a trickling filter and a treatment with apatite treat the pollution of raw domestic sewage. Capacity : 1500 p.e. Vegetated effluent discharge area before final reject into the small river "Merderic".
- In operation since: 2013
- Type of wastewater treated: Domestic
- Hydraulic load: 244 m³/day
- Organic load (PE): 1500 PE
- Organic design load (kg BOD/day): 90
- Location: Villenouvelle (Hte Garonne)
- Client: SMEA Hte Garonne
- Stage 1 type: French system
- Stage 1 surface area (m²): 1129
- Stage 2 type: Vertical flow, saturated
- Stage 2 surface area (m²): 100
- Stage 3 type: Other
- Stage 3 surface area (m²): 70
- stage 4 type: Other
- stage 4 surface area (m²): 300
Treatment of domestic sewage for 1500 p.e. with specific requirements on nitrogen and phosphorus treatment before final reject.
Reed bed filter (French system) assures primary and secondary treatment, followed by a trickling fitler for polishing and nitrification. A tertiary treatment with apatite removes phosphorus. The treated wastewater goes through a vegetated effluent discharge area before final reject into the local river Merderic.
Sustainable and high performing wastewater treatment plant with low energy requirement and easy maintenance. Guarantee on the outlet quality : BOD5 : 25 mg/l, COD : 125 mg/l, SS : 35 mg/l, TKN : 15 mg/l, TP : 10 mg/l. Design and Build : Epur Nature. Established : 2013.