2-stage vertical flow reed bed filter treating raw domestic sewage (French system) with a capacity of 650 P.E. Treated effluent goes through a filtering ditch and is rejected into the river Bourdic.
Foissac 650 P.E.
- In operation since: 2011
- Type of wastewater treated: Domestic
- Hydraulic load: 153 m³/day
- Organic load (PE): 650 PE
- Organic design load (kg BOD/day): 39
- Location: Foissac (Gard)
- Client: Municipality
- Stage 1 type: French system
- Stage 1 surface area (m²): 780
- Stage 2 type: Vertical flow, unsaturated
- Stage 2 surface area (m²): 520
Cost-effective and sustainable wastewater treatment plant for domestic effluent well integrated into the landscape and protecting local environment.
2 vertical flow reed bed filters treating raw sewage (French system) followed by a filtering ditch before reject into the river. Feeding of the second stage with a self-priming siphon.
This plant preserves the environment and offers good performances of treatment : SS 35 mg/l, COD 120 mg/l, BOD5 25 mg/l, TKN 40 mg/l. The treated water rejected into the river is of good quality.
Design and build : Epur Nature. Established : 2011.