One stage of reed beds fed with raw sewage assures primary and secondary treatment for 1200 People Equivalent, followed by a trickling filter for polishing and nitrification. A tertiary UV treatment enables a pathogens removal by 4 U log.
Le Diamant - Martinique, French West Indies for 1200 P.E.
- In operation since: 2014
- Type of wastewater treated: Domestic
- Hydraulic load: 180 m³/day
- Organic load (PE): 1200 PE
- Organic design load (kg BOD/day): 72
- Location: Le Diamant, Martinique
- Client: SICSM Rivière Salée
- Stage 1 type: French system
- Stage 1 surface area (m²): 718
- Stage 2 type: Other
- Stage 2 surface area (m²): 117
Efficient and sustainable solution adapted to local climate to treat domestic sewage from 1200 people equivalent.
One stage of vertical flow reed beds assures primary and secondary treatment of raw domestic sewage (French system), followed by a trickling filter for polishing and nitrification. A UV tertiary treatment enables a 4U-log pathogens removal.
A cost-effective solution well integrated into the landscape and adapted to tropical climate and using local resources. Outlet quality guarantee : BOD5 20 mg/l, COD 125 mg/l, SS 30 mg/l, TKN 8 mg/l. Design : Epur Nature. Established : 2014.